Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Not So Cookie Cutter Life

So the past few days I have been in this, whoa is me, why is everything so hard, why can't I just get to the end of whatever this is and take the shortcut? Questioning, for the 100th time if where I am going is where I should be going, and if maybe I am being called for something else, maybe I need to be a part of something else, another ministry that's already established, or maybe this wasn't God at all, maybe this was something I just dreamed up Type of FUNK! Currently I am in school, for the second time in hopes of becoming a dietitian. I started pursuing this 7 years ago the first time I was in college, and for a number of reasons decided that I needed to obtain a degree in Social Work. I felt the tug a year or so ago that I needed to go back to school to pursue nutrition and health more actively. I have tossed around majors, and career paths, and after lots of prayer have really felt that I have been brought back full circle to where I have started. My ultimate goal at this point seems to be to open a cafe/juice bar/fitness studio, that could be a ministry/outreach with community gardens, classes and education about health, and natural approaches... That is really where I feel like I am being pulled. The main reasoning in my head to become a dietitian is to really understand the make up of our bodies, and have some scientific knowledge of food and the process of how it all connects. On top of all of this fun stuff I am suppose to be training for a marathon that is about 14 weeks away. I have missed tons of runs, and have not been able to get my head in it this time around. Yesterday I decided to get my weekly distance run in before the weekend started so that I couldn't some how talk myself out of it. The run ended up being more of a walk, but I got the miles in and it ended up being an amazing night to spend with God. I also went to church this evening, and heard a very similar message, and was given the same verses that I had been last night. In an effort to make my posts shorter and more reasonable to read I am going to make bullets and summarize what I have learned in hopes it will help you!


  • God needs to be first in all things, once your focus is on him, and you are in tune you will be going in the right direction
  • Once you realize where you should be going, and what you should be doing STOP TRYING TO RATIONALIZE AND REASON all the details and convince yourself that its not really God!
  • Stop worrying about the future, and the past. Be in the present moment, and enjoy every second of this journey (Matthew 6:31-34 and Philipians 4:6)
  • There were also lots of bunnies, birds and deer on my walk, including a mother and two babies which reminded me of the verse (Psalms 42:1). Seeing this image reminded me that we are so disconnected from everything around us a lot of the time, in an effort to be more connected with everyone else on social media.
  • I need to go through all of the tough times now, because it will most likely get harder, people will speak negatively toward what I am doing, and I need to have the strength to stand in faith against that (Matthew 5:10-12). I was also reminded of Joseph, and ALL that he went through (Genesis 37-41)
  • With this being said, I have had a slight taste of management, and it is frustrating! In owning a business, or being in charges of more people I am going to continue to run into challenges, and I NEED more experience in this! 
  • I need to stop comparing myself to where everyone else is on their journey! This journey is my own, and I have a lot of lessons to learn I am sure! While in church tonight the preacher said that Jesus was about 30 before he started performing any miracles. This was comforting because I will be about 31 when I am done with school. (John 1)
Tonight's message was all about seeking the Lord and where we each should be, and going through the yuck and he muck of it all to go where God is calling you to go. The journey, or pilgrimage  Psalms: 84:5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
    whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.

My prayer for myself and anyone else who is feeling this way is that we will continue to focus on the Lord and his purpose for our life, and walk in the fullness of the Holy Spirit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment